See below for a directory of our stewards and staff. Jump to: Unit Representatives, Organizing Committee Chairs, GSAS Humanities Stewards, GSAS STEM Stewards, GSAS Professional Schools Stewards, GSAS Steinhardt Stewards, GSAS Tandon Stewards, or UAW Staff.
Interested in becoming a steward or getting involved in a working group? Click the buttons below to learn more.
I’m a PhD candidate in English. I served on the GSOC bargaining committee in spring 2021 and as a shop steward from 2019 to 2021. I’m excited to work with fellow GSOC members to enforce our contract and protect our rights!
Organizing Committee Chairs
Contact Abigail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Jenny at email@example.com.
GSAS Humanities A
- Anthropology Department
- Linguistics Department
- English Department
- Environmental Studies Department
- Fales Library & Special Collections
- Music Department
I am a 3rd year PhD student in English. I became involved with GSOC and eventually became a steward because unions are critical infrastructure in building a community that is based around collective power and dignity.
Contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSAS Humanities B
- Asian Pacific American Institute
- East Asian Studies
- European and Mediterranean Studies
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Creative Writing Program
- Center for the Humanities
- Expository Writing
- Writing Program
- Institute of African-American Affairs
- Center for the Study of Africa and the African Diaspora
- Africa House
- SocHum Reference Services
I organize because I am a working class person seeking better working/learning conditions, pay, and treatment for all us folks existing under imperialist America; It is necessary to feel supported in such institutions and as a larger community overall. I am currently studying how women and birthing bodies function under capitalism through performance art theory and practice in the Experimental Humanities & Social Engagement program. A fun fact about me is that I play the harp and make riot-grrrl-esque zines!
Contact Shaindel at email@example.com.
GSAS Humanities C
- Comparative Literature
- Department of French Literature, Thought and Culture
- International Relations
- Ireland House
- Italian Studies
- Spanish and Portuguese Language and Literature
- King Juan Carlos Center
I am a 5th year PhD student in Italian. I joined GSOC as an international student worker in my second year and now I take this opportunity to advocate for the collective political processes we honor and commit to as union members.
Contact Giulia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSAS Humanities D
- German Department
- History Department
- Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies
- Hebrew and Judaic Studies
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Department of Russian and Slavic Studies
- Near Eastern Studies
- Religious Studies
- Jordan Family Center
- Center for Religion and Media
I am a 2nd year PhD student in the Department of German. As a steward and international student worker, I am excited to uphold GSOC’s tradition of building power through solidarity.
Contact Julia at email@example.com.
GSAS Humanities E
- Barbara Goldsmith Preservation & Conservation
- Institute of Fine Arts Library
- Art History
- College Core Curriculum
GSAS Humanities F
- Philosophy Department
- Department of Classics
- Institute for the Study of the Ancient World Library
- Institute for the Study of the Ancient World
Contact Clara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSAS Humanities G
- Sociology Department
- Politics Department
- Tamiment Library & Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives
- Center for Social Media and Politics
- Social and Cultural Analysis
- Center on International Cooperation
“Lee” L. P. B. Diaz
I’m a fifth-year American Studies PhD candidate and graduate worker in the Department of Social and Cultural Analysis. I’m excited to work alongside my fellow stewards to maintain momentum from last year’s historic contract campaign and strike. As a steward, I commit to holding NYU accountable to the terms set forth in our new bargaining agreement and ensuring that graduate workers get the working conditions, wages, and benefits we deserve. Outside of research and union organizing, I love watching baseball, gardening with my wife, and spoiling my toy chihuahua, Joaquin.
Contact Lee at email@example.com.
GSAS Humanities F
- University Administrative Departments
GSAS STEM A
- Psychology Department
GSAS STEM B
- Center for Data Science
- Biology and Genomics
- Center for Neural Science
Contact Camille at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSAS STEM C
- Chemistry Department
Contact Sam at email@example.com.
GSAS STEM D
- Non-Tandon Computer Science
- Physics Department
Contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Schools A
- Undergraduate Drama
- Institute of Performing Arts
- Cinema Studies
- Graduate Film
- Performance Studies
- Graduate Acting
- Graduate Musical Theater Writing
- Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute
- Theatrical Production
- Hemispheric Institute
Contact Simon at email@example.com.
Professional Schools B
- Dramatic Writing
- Interactive Telecommunications Program
- Dance Department
- Kanbar Finance
I’m a Master’s of Urban Planning Candidate at NYU Wagner and a Graduate Student Researcher at NYU Furman Center. I help organize a union at the Urban Institute, and I’m proud to continue organizing for the benefit of the NYU community.
Contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Schools C
- Marron Institute
- Art and Public Policy
I’m a second year MPA student at Wagner, studying Public Policy with a focus on Advocacy & Political Action. I believe in the work GSOC does because I know that together we are stronger and that when we work collectively we can win the fight for our rights as workers.
Contact Aaron at email@example.com.
Professional Schools D
- STAC Graduate Assistant
- Game Design
- Grey Art Gallery
- Jonathan M Tisch Center of Hospitality
- Open Arts
- Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music
- Design for Stage & Film
- Schack Institute of Real Estate
I’m a Masters student at Gallatin studying Critical Disaster Studies and documentary filmmaking. I’m a steward because I want to help my peers and fellow unit members leverage our collective power together! Reach out to talk about union power, Philadelphia, the NBA, skateboarding, the Grateful Dead, the cinematic masterpiece Uncut Gems, your favorite documentaries, or how disasters are socially constructed.
Contact Micaela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Schools E
- Silver School Of Social Work
- Berkley Innovation Lab
- Center for Sustainability and Business
- Department of Technology, Operations and Statistics
- Management Communication Program
- Endless Frontier Labs
- Finance Department
- Learning Science
- Marketing Department
- MBA Admissions
- MBA Admissions and Financial Aid
- Stern UC – Deans Office
- Center for Applied Liberal Arts
- DPB – Technology Programs, LHCM, and CADA- LHCM
- DPB – Integrated Marketing Communications Programs
Contact Lauren at Lauren.Peressini@gmail.com.
Professional Schools F
- Economics Department
Professional Schools G
- School of Global Public Health
- Cariology and Comprehensive Care
- Media, Culture, and Communication
- Art and Art Professions
I look forward to helping maintain our union’s strength and fighting for NYU to treat its workers with the dignity we deserve.
Contact Charlie at email@example.com.
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Department of Nutrition and Food Studies
- Teaching and Learning
- Metro Center
Contact Padma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administration, Leadership, and Technology
- Institute of Human Development & Social Change
Contact Jenna at email@example.com.
- Applied Statistics, Social Science, and Humanities
- Applied Psychology
- Communicative Sciences and Disorders
- Music and Performing Arts Professions
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil and Urban Engineering, C2Smart
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil and Urban Engineering
- Bern Dibner Library
I am a 3rd year, international PhD student in Chemical Engineering and a steward for the 4th term. My involvement in GSOC stems from the belief that power lies in the hand of workers, as we are the most exposed to the conditions that shape our lives. By coming together and sharing our experiences, we can force NYU to pay us a living wage, cover our healthcare and cut ties with the NYPD, which terrorizes poor, Black and Indigenous workers inside and outside of NYU. I believe that through worker democracy, we can stand our ground when bargaining with our employer, and hopefully build long-standing coalitions across geographies and different vectors of oppression.
Contact Marwan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Science & Engineering
Contact Saksham at email@example.com.
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Finance & Risk Engineering
- Finance and Administration
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Center for Urban Science and Progress
- Tandon Tutoring Center Student Tutors
- Bern Dibner Library of Science & Technology
- Academic Affairs for K-12 Education Program
- Graduate Admissions
Contact Shrisha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technology Based Learning
- Technology Management and Innovation
- Technology, Culture and Society
1st year MS Management of Technology. Fun Fact: I can roll over arms over my head
Contact Ishwari at Ishwarialve93@gmail.com.
President of Local 2110
Maida became involved in the union as an office worker at Columbia in the 1980s. She joined the organizing committee immediately, eventually started organizing full time, and the rest is history. She has worked with GSOC since the first negotiations.
Contact Maida at email@example.com.
Organizer with Local 2110
Olga got involved in the union during the first year of her PhD program at Columbia, in 2014. After graduation, in 2018, she decided to change her career from Civil Engineering to labor organizing. She has represented workers in educational and cultural institutions, and joined GSOC in 2021.
Contact Olga at firstname.lastname@example.org.