Dear GSOC members,
After almost a year of delays, NYU has finally started processing outstanding back pay—including retroactive wages, service bonuses, and vacation pay—for Academic Year 2020–2021, and is expected to process most service bonuses and vacation pay for 2021–22 this summer.However, we are already hearing from some members who still have not received all the back pay they are owed. If you are still missing back pay from Fall 2020 through Fall 2021, let us know.
Back pay falls into three main categories: retroactive compensation (2020–21 AY only); service bonuses for semester-based appointments; and payment for unused vacation days for hourly appointments. The timeline of recent and future payments is as follows:
May 17, 2022
- Outstanding retroactive compensation in Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021
- Vacation pay for hourly appointments in Spring 2021 and Summer 2021
May 20, 2022
- Service bonuses for semester-based appointments in Spring 2021 and Summer 2021
- Vacation pay for hourly appointments in Fall 2021
Summer 2022 (expected)
- Service bonuses for semester-based appointments in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 – Vacation pay for hourly appointments in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
PLEASE NOTE: Pending final settlement of the current grievance regarding underpayment of Course Assistants, back pay for CA positions has not yet been processed.
If you have any questions about back pay, please email GSOC unit representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Summer 2022 GSOC Unit Reps