Apply to the Childcare Fund!

Exciting news for working parents and guardians: GSOCers with young ones can access the union’s Childcare Fund. This is a much needed addition to the paltry $300 NYU has traditionally offered to grad students (though you can and should get that too!).

Who’s Eligible?

In order to draw money from the childcare fund, the following must be true:

  • You’ve held a union position in the 2021 calendar year
  • You are the parent or guardian of one or more children under the age of 6
  • You have expenses associated with the care of that child/those kids

How to I Apply?

Fill out this form:  GSOC-UAW Local 2110 Childcare Application  

You’ll also need to include some documentation:

  • A copy of your appointment letter from one semester in which you worked a union job
  • Proof of birth (ex: your child’s birth certificate)
  • A notarized affidavit in which you attest to your guardianship of your child/your kids (page 2 of the Childcare Application form). This doesn’t have to be legal guardianship–families take many forms.

That’s it! Send us your form at gsoc@2110uaw.org or mail to: UAW Local 2110, 256 W. 38th St, New York, NY 10018.

Applications for the 2021 cycle are due on January 31st 2022. Then we’ll tally up all the form and kids, and divide the money between them. Cheques/direct deposits will be forthcoming shortly thereafter.